IPIA was formed by energetic individuals who were passionate about the vulnerable group in community. These combined their different fields of expertise in social work to form the community board organization. Initially they scanned the environment to identify the marginalized group and trace the pressing needs that they sought to address zeroing on the key population as the marginalized group that was found to be infected and affected.
It was upon these challenges faced that the CBO was formed with the purpose of linking the key population to access both health and legal services as was to vulnerable and marginalized group in the society that was infected and affected.
It’s a community based organization registered and operating in the rural areas of southern and central Uganda where most of them are discriminated of what they are. Our main focus is on the sex workers and the men who have sex with men
Initiative for persons infected and affected Ltd (IPIA) is a youth led LGBTQ and SEX WORKERS Community based organization established in 2018 and registered in 2020 /11th/03/ under the laws of Uganda by human rights awareness and promotion forum(HRAPF) as a company limited by guarantee registration No;80020002459850. IPIA was created to support and enable sex workers and LGBQ Community members in creating programs and influence policies in the area of economic empowerment, education, training, and health. The organization promotes, protects, and advances the marginalized group human rights by building leadership, strengthening capacity building and also to support the areas of Kyotera, RAKAI, MASAKA, and MUTUKULA DISTRICT.
Social equality, visibility and safe spaces for all MSM and Trans women in Uganda.
Meet the team
Muyombya James Bukenya
- Referral and linkage of the identified marginalized group of people to access justice.
- Sensitizing the most at risk on fair learning about HIV counseling on both affected and infected person.
- Linking the marginalized groups to respective partner organization.
- Follow up referred and linked people under the key population community.
- Working with the community authorities to access justice.
- Ensure that there is enough distribution of health services like lubricants, condoms, prep and pep in the community.
- To work on the social development through empowering these individuals.
Is there an Urgent matter that you would like us to resolve or help you with?
Don’t hesitate to call us by clicking the button below and someone will assist you.
Feedback & Reviews
Here is what some few people we have helped have to say to you …